Friday, 24 February 2012

Big Boy

Since Dusty is fairly scared of the vets, we thought we would take him in just to have some treats given to him, then take him back out. So since we were there I thought I weigh him.When we did I was seriously amazed. 9.3kg!!! When we got him he was only 2.4kg... When we got home I measured him and he was about 34-35cm from floor to shoulder when he was standing. Whoa, I wasn't expecting that. He's growing too fast!
Is he a bit oversize,  do you think? Or is this normal for a border terrier?


This is a kind of old photo but I still think it's really cute. :P

3 comments:

WigglyZack said...

He is so cute in that picture. Zack weighs about 9.4 kg so quite similar to Dusty. They may be a bit oversize if your are showing your dog as I think they are supposed to be around 15 pounds. Zack isn't overweight he is just a big boy and I love him like that. Looks like Dusty is following suit!!!! Adorable.

Mary Lou said...

Wow, you are correct. Jock's tongue is long!! You deserve bragging rights, for sure!! ;op
Okay. Now your turn. Visit my blog.... And leave a comment, so I know that you have been there!! ;-}
What kind of dog is Jock? A Border Collie/Lab comes to my mind!! I love those adorable ears of his!! ;)

atcoma said...

He looks so small! haha, my Bella is only about 5.5 kg so pictures can definitely be deceiving! I would have guessed him to be smaller than her since he's so young.