I was thinking earlier on how I've never explained why Lucy has a chunk out of her tongue. So I thought I would explain it now.
Lucy was being taken for a walk and was let off the lead for a bit. She went to say hello to a dog through a fence, just kindly licking their face. Then the dog suddenly gripped onto her tongue. Lucy ripped her tongue in half trying to get away, and she may had to be put down if her tongue didn't heal. She had to be on soft food for ages.
But the amazing thing is that Lucy never batted an eyelid at it. When she came back home on the lead, I went outside to see blood pouring down her chest. And what was her tail doing? Wagging like anything just because she saw us. The only thing giving away that she was in pain were her eyes. You could tell just from her expression.
But now her tongue is fully healed, and the only difference in her physical health is that she eats a tiny bit slower. But that's good in a lab, right? :P It's hard to see in these photos, but it's definately there. It's on the right side of her tongue.
I'm glad that naughty dog didn't do any more damage than it did, otherwise... I don't even want to think of what might've happened.
5 comments:
Oh my goodness, lifewithmydogs!! What a terrifying ordeal that must have been for you!! Canines constantly amaze me regarding showing incredible resilience.... Lucy recovered from that naughty dog's bite.... With a smile on her face!! Good for Lucy!! ;op
Oh Blimy, that must have been frightening. Glad she is ok!!!
Gosh, what a scary story! Glad Lucy didn't have any serious, permanent damage. This is why my human is always so careful with me and other doggies when there is a fence between us - coz a "barrier" can make even the nicest doggie very "territorial" and if you push into "their space", they can get really grumpy and this kind of thing can happen! :-( My humans try to only let me meet strange doggies in big, open, NEUTRAL spaces where we can have a lot of "personal space" and decide how much we want to interact with each other...
Slobbers,
Honey the Great Dane
Yeah I fink my Dad lost a toof fru a fence with another dog..... Have you seen our fence. Theres nuffin coming through there now.
Thus just happened to my German shepherd puppy earlier today and she has an appointment with the vet this Monday but she looks okay except for her eyes too! Isk what to do :((
Post a Comment