Saturday, 17 March 2012

A Walk in the Field

Since it was a bit cooler today (still hot, but cooler), we thought it would be a good idea to take the dogs for a walk in our field. Jock and Lucy took advantage of the excuse to jump into the river and get really muddy. Dusty couldn't be trusted to not disappear and never to be seen again, so he had to be kept on leash. He did not like that. He was straining for practically the entire walk which seriously wore my arm out. He's getting strong!


 I also discovered a doggie version of a happy face. Seriously, I swear they're the same expression!



 As you can see, Lucy gets very excited and energetic out there.



 Jock was his usual posing self.




 Lucy and Dusty had a dip in the river (well, Dusty went in the stream, Lucy went in the river) :)



 The pretty lilies in one of the ponds.


 Dusty cooling off at the end.


 Dusty on a loose leash! (At the end of course :P)


 And just before getting home he found some perfume to roll in... :P


 Lucy before the walk (notice her fur colour on her legs especially... :D).


 And after... ;)


Oh by the way this is my 100th post! Yay, I've lasted this long!


5 comments:

WigglyZack said...

Keep the posts coming. Love your blog. Your dogs are pawsome and I love seeing the things they do in their lives. What a great walk. Love the muddy legs and the roll in perfume - looks familiar LOL!!!

Mary Lou said...

Congrats on your 100th blog post, lifewithmydogs!! What an achievement!! Keep the posts coming.... I enjoy reading them!! Truly.... ;-D
The "happy doggie face" pictures are hilarious!! ;-}
Jock is such a beautifully unique boy!! I love his ears, by the way!! ;op
What "perfume" did Dusty roll in? With my Rose, it is always raccoon scat!! Ewwww.... ;-p
Lucy certainly knows how to get herself muddy!! ;)
Happy St. Patrick's Day!!

lifewithmydogs said...

Thanks for the lovely comments!

The 'perfume' Dusty rolled in was most likely duck poo. Maybe even old goat or cow poo? You never know in these places :P

Posie said...

heezzo der Dusty, ma namez iz Posie dog T too iz a bordeer terrior! I jist wunted to zay 'ello n dat u iz reely cyute! Pleezd to meet uu! xox

Anonymous said...

CUTE!!!:D OOOOO